Monday 3 March 2014

Emotional Stages When Applying For A Job


Applying for a job is no easy thing to do. Whether it be for a part-time position in your local deli or a full-time position with Goldman Sachs, the stages you go through are inevitably the same.

Big Up
You love yourself when initially applying for the job. Bigging yourself up to the best of your ability. Oh I won this award twice, I can do that with my eyes closed, I have this, these & those qualifications too. I have this in the bag. They have to hire me. Look at me, I'm amazing.

Nervousness
You then begin to get nervous as soon as you've clicked 'submit' or once you've handed in your CV. You're second-guessing your qualifications. Wondering if you answered all those questions with full gusto or if you've missed your chance. Should I have said I'm a good dancer? That is a legitimate qualification for a job in IT isn't it?!

Despair
That's it, I'm doomed. I lost it. Not a chance now. I am a mess. I knew I should have included that dancer qualification. WHY ME?! I HATE LIFE.

Logical Thinking
Well now hang on now, I mean, I actually am perfect for this job. I DO have the necessary experience required. The picture I attached is from my good side. Now that I think about this, there is a chance. Just as much of a chance as everyone else.

Pray
DEAR GOD I KNOW WE HAVEN'T SPOKE IN A WHILE BUT PLZ GIVE ME THIS JOB.

Apathetic
I actually don't care anymore. Whatever. Just applied for the job on the off chance, it wasn't all that important. I mean I don't even like the company. Going to go look for a job more suited to me.

And finally,

Ecstatic
I GOT THE JOB. I would like to thank my mother, father, boyfriend, dog, cat groomer, gardener, playschool teacher, window cleaner, bus driver & everyone else who has believed in me over the years. This one's for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment