Sunday 18 January 2015

Brother Hubbard Brunch

Having heard nothing but rave reviews about Brother Hubbard and the brunch there for some time now, I finally got the chance to sample the delights for myself.

Located on Capel Street, the outside doesn't look like much but fits perfectly for what it is trying to achieve. The inside is decked out in industrial hipster chic from the condiments to the thrifty looking furniture.

The food on the other hand is pure indulgence. I got the Croque Madame myself. While I knew it was a toastie with an egg on top I didn't know what to expect visually. A rustic sandwich chocked full of ham and smothered in a rich cheese is what I was given. It was luscious and gooey all at once. I could just about finish it, purely because I had no breakfast! I had a mimosa to wash it down. Who doesn't love a mimosa?!


Sean had Eggs Menemen. A Turkish style scrambled egg dish With peppers and olive oil. I didn't have any myself but I'm told it was delicious! He also had a Moroccan Iced-Tea to compliment it.


Simple food but expertly prepared. If you enjoy brunch or just eating out in general, I highly recommend it! Do be warned though, it can get quite busy around lunch time so calling in advance to book a table wouldn't be a bad idea to avoid waiting. The service is quick and friendly however at peak times, don't expect to be left alone to chat over an empty table while the queue of people mounts up.

Check out their site here - http://brotherhubbard.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment